Maggie & Doug's Suggestions for Grabbing a Bite to Eat and a Drink Before a Show
Our house concert venue is located near many great places to eat and drink, and we're often asked to offer recommendations for where folks can grab a bite before a show. These are some of our favorites that are closest to home: (Click on the name of each establishment for more info:)
- Famous Original J's Pizza & 715 Club - walk-up window for slices, beverages next-door, outdoor seating, at the 5 Points
- Taco Uprising - new favorite on Welton Street, the birria taco is fabulous and great cocteles complete a meal
- Goed Zuur | Sour Beer & Cheese Restaurant - craft-brewed specialty beers, sophisticated nibbles, try a 'butter flight.'
- Super Mega Bien - Latin dim sum, delicious, gin-tonics, sangria, a favorite. Also check out Death & Co. next door for a drink.
- Work & Class - sister restaurant to SMB above. Lively, yummy.
- Cart - Driver - next to W&C but not affiliated; a quirky favorite, we enjoy the oysters, pizzas, and negronis.
- Las Delicias + La Pasadita Inn - a couple of nearby, traditional Mexican restaurants.
- Walters 303 - our go-to pizza, plus wings, salads, calzones, cocktails and robust beer list in a sit-down Uptown location.
- D-Bar - inspired upscale comfort food and award-winning desserts an easy walk.
- Campfire - focus on Colorado-sourced ingredients, beers, and spirits make this a good pre-concert option.
- Coperta - Southern Italian fare from an accomplished chef in a warm setting with a full bar.
- Yazoo BBQ - slow cooked Memphis Style BBQ and a rooftop bar.
- Uchi - this Austin, TX, export is the closest sushi to our place; next closest is Sushi-Rama.
- Ratio Beerworks Taproom - our liquid sponsor has the best beer garden and brew choices plus plenty to eat nearby.